Friday, 13 June 2008

Something changed

"I think, and I stress the think here, that I prefer hobbling around like an old geezer than rushing to the loo and pooing through the eye of a needle throughout the day. But I reserve the right to change my mind on that regularly and without reason."


I begin with a quote from yesterdays post. Why? Because the UC has already insisted that I reflect on that statement. Two days back on the steroids (10mg a day) and the foot/ankle swelling has reduced enormously - goodbye flip-flops, hello again shoes! They're still very sore and my calves have got very stiff, but defo on the mend. All good eh? Nope. At 4.30am I was awoken by excrutiating stomach cramps and had to rush-hobble to the loo. Nothing happened. 6am, same awakening, this time with some outcome: loosish poop, say a number 5 on the old Bristol chart (why does Glasgow get coma, while Bristol gets stools?). Bloody hell, I was supposed to be going back to school today. I did go back and there have been 4 or 5 (lost count) further visits, following cramps at about 5/6 on the chart (mmm 'fluffy'). Damn it.

So, at the moment, I have decided that I absolutely still agree with the above statement. There is more dignity in hobbling, and it is easier to endure than stomach cramps and repetedly running to the loo. I think I might up the dose tomorrow, maybe 15mgs?

As for school, that was OK, lots of well wishers and a few fools who asked me how I was. Mwahaha - I soon bored them to tears with a full account of the current situation: the UC story never comes in small chapters...

No comments: