This damn colitis is so inconsistent - hoho, in so many ways...
- I've stopped taking the preds. Well, I forgot this morning - too busy making packed lunches for me and the boys, stuffing down toast and trying to squeeze in as many cups of tea as possible before work. So, thats that.
- I am feeling pretty good. Or am I? Stools are number 4 on the Bristol chart: like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft! Great, I love that chart. Occasionally they've even been a 3. Sometimes 2 or 1. But...
- Things aren't 'normal'. Not that I can really remember what it felt like to have a normal digestive system.
- I've been bloaty and hugely windy. Nice.
- And a bit crampy today, which was weird because that was before I produced the No. 4 in todays moment of glory. Cramp! Urgency! Enormous snakey log! Uh?
- Knees hurt. Have done for 2 or 3 weeks. Not swelling but hurting in an old-man-y artritic type way. Somethings definately active.
- Why-oh-why have short doses of prednisolone worked a treat for 4 years, but this time don't want to? Why do some poor people take loads of the horrible stuff to no avail at all?
- The other day I read someone suggesting nuts and tomatoes are the absolute anathema for UC sufferers. But my colon seems to love cashew nuts. Loves those little kidney shaped blighters. And, whilst I wouldn't eat a raw tomato too often, cook 'em and they're no problem. Its so inconsistent.
And now I'm getting a cold. Which scares me, because this recent flare began on the back of the anti-biotics I was forced to take because in Feb I hilariously came down with Pnuemonia! (apparently it's not just a disease for old men and junkies). Which started as a cold...