Thursday, 5 June 2008

Like a sausage...



This damn colitis is so inconsistent - hoho, in so many ways...




  1. I've stopped taking the preds. Well, I forgot this morning - too busy making packed lunches for me and the boys, stuffing down toast and trying to squeeze in as many cups of tea as possible before work. So, thats that.
  2. I am feeling pretty good. Or am I? Stools are number 4 on the Bristol chart: like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft! Great, I love that chart. Occasionally they've even been a 3. Sometimes 2 or 1. But...
  3. Things aren't 'normal'. Not that I can really remember what it felt like to have a normal digestive system.
  4. I've been bloaty and hugely windy. Nice.
  5. And a bit crampy today, which was weird because that was before I produced the No. 4 in todays moment of glory. Cramp! Urgency! Enormous snakey log! Uh?
  6. Knees hurt. Have done for 2 or 3 weeks. Not swelling but hurting in an old-man-y artritic type way. Somethings definately active.
  7. Why-oh-why have short doses of prednisolone worked a treat for 4 years, but this time don't want to? Why do some poor people take loads of the horrible stuff to no avail at all?
  8. The other day I read someone suggesting nuts and tomatoes are the absolute anathema for UC sufferers. But my colon seems to love cashew nuts. Loves those little kidney shaped blighters. And, whilst I wouldn't eat a raw tomato too often, cook 'em and they're no problem. Its so inconsistent.

And now I'm getting a cold. Which scares me, because this recent flare began on the back of the anti-biotics I was forced to take because in Feb I hilariously came down with Pnuemonia! (apparently it's not just a disease for old men and junkies). Which started as a cold...

2 comments:

aliwalidoodah said...

I've never seen this chart before!! I am so tempted to get a print of it and frame it for my bathroom, it's fabulous!! Though with both me and my husband having UC it could turn competitive...

Rich said...

Hi ali
It is highly amusing, but be careful because it does make you even more obsessive: "mmmm now, is that a 5 or a 6... its definately not a smooth snake, but is it fluffy or blobby...?"